Space Doctors is Hiring — Assistant Accountant, Maternity cover
Space Doctors is an award-winning global communications consultancy specialising in semiotics-led approaches to brand strategy and innovation.
From our offices in Hove, London and Singapore, we conduct semiotic and cultural analyses, map cultural and category evolutions and use these to build new strategic and activation opportunities for brands and organizations worldwide. Our three core skill sets are brand strategy, semiotic & cultural insight and creative expression.
Our international clients include Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Nestlé, Virgin Atlantic, Samsung, General Mills, Tesco and advertising, design and trends agencies.
We’re looking for a self-starting, energetic and organized assistant accountant with 4+ year’s experience for a maternity cover position. The role is full time based in the Brighton area and will report into the financial controller. Ideally, we are looking for AAT qualified or part qualified in ACCA or CIMA.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Strong communication and organisational skills and ideally experience of working in a team environment. You will need to have the ability to work well under pressure and understand team demands and deadlines. Attention to detail ensuring all outputs are delivered to a high standard in a timely fashion. Desire to learn and adapt quickly whilst prioritising work flow in a fast paced and growing environment. With the confidence and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
– Processing and control of accounts payable invoices, including setting up new suppliers
– Entering and tracking expenses on timesheet software by project
– Posting petty cash transactions – liaising with project coordinators with any issues
– Maintaining, control and analyses of the Analyst/Freelancer cost tracker
– Raising client invoices and setting up clients
– Liaising with the management team on timing raising of invoices
– Maintain ongoing relationships with clients to aid credit control for these invoices
– Maintaining revenue forecast spreadsheet in conjunction with management team
– Assisting with month end close of Management accounts
– Balance sheet and bank reconciliations (including accruals, prepayments, deferred revenue, fixed assets and depreciation)
– Update, analyses and communicate daily cash position report
– Work with the wider business to ensuring valid timesheet entry with teams on a regular basis
– Monthly output of project analysis reports and highlighting any issues
– Supporting financial controller with their duties
– Assist with adhoc projects and reporting
£22k – £27K dependent on experience
How To Apply
Please send your cv, with a covering letter letting us know why you’re the person we need, to firstname.lastname@example.org