Space Doctors is Hiring – Brand Strategy Director (Singapore)
Position: Full time
Reporting to: Regional Lead, Asia
Salary range: £ competitive salary and benefits
Space Doctors is a Brand Strategy consultancy specialising in cultural insight and semiotics.
Our vision is to Create Meaningful Futures for our global clients, and we act as trusted advisors – helping them liberate marketing thinking and drive growth.
We do this through helping clients to stay alert to changing culture, creating future ready strategies and recommendations that resonate.
We have recently opened our first regional cultural insight hub in Singapore and are seeking a Director of Strategy to help lead and shape this business.
This role is for someone who can work with our Space Doctors Asia Regional Lead to help us cement and extend our expanding Asia client base – to take our thinking and methodologies to help solve our clients’ challenges and steer them in exciting and inspiring new directions.
The role requires a diverse understanding of brand strategy and insight, specifically of the APAC region, alongside ‘real world’ commercial experience.
Importantly, this is a pioneering role that we need someone to make their own, a thrilling opportunity to elevate our presence in the region, increase our client impact and contribute to building our global reputation as leaders in the field of cultural and semiotic insight.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be an inspirational leader who will help us shape the Asia organisation to deliver impactful client solutions using semiotic and cultural insight.
You will work to build an environment where the best ideas can be born and thrive, and open the business to new opportunities and possibilities in meeting clients’ evolving needs.
You have a ‘whatever it takes’ entrepreneurial mentality – leading by example, hands on, doing what’s needed as the business starts to build.
Building a Team
You will be part of building an extraordinary team – recruiting, managing, developing and mentoring the best talent in to the business to grow our capabilities in-house.
You are a natural collaborator and connector – building relationships and increasing our reach as a business. You will thrive on building external collaborations and expanding our established network of semiotic and cultural analysts, visual culture experts, qualitative research and ethnography suppliers across the region.
Directing Brand Strategy
You’ll be an experienced client lead and brand strategy expert, who will help us shape and develop the vision for how we use the best of cultural and semiotic insight to inspire solutions to the toughest brand strategy challenges.
You will have an up-to-date grasp of current brand strategy and activation thinking and approaches, and how the brand building process can be best informed through insight.
Extraordinary Client Development & Impact
You will have responsibility for driving new business and building long term client relationships.
You are comfortable taking and shaping briefs, working with the most senior marketeers and market research buyers in the business. You will be able to sell our offer and approach and enthuse and inspire the client team.
You will need to work collaboratively and openly with the global client teams in the UK, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading client activities.
You will be involved in attending events, conferences and representing Space Doctors externally.
Personal profile : you will….
- Be someone who has 5+ years recent experience working in the APAC region and have ideally experience of working in China with Chinese clients.
- Have 10-15 years of brand marketing experience across a range of industries and disciplines, either building and running significant accounts in consultancy/agency-side, or in client-side roles.
- Be at a point in your career where you want the freedom to make your mark; to shape a new, growing business against a distinctive vision and offer.
- Have strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of growing and running a successful team/ department.
- Be happy working to financial targets and KPIs, and balancing commercial and client needs.
- Have an established network of quality providers of consumer qualitative research, ethnography and design.
- Are a creative thinker/can demonstrate a passion for cultural insight/keeping in touch with what is shaping the world we live in.
- Have successful experience of working with an international team, often remotely, overcoming any cultural barriers, and delivering consistently excellent results.
- Preferably be a Mandarin speaker.
- Experience of working with and influencing clients up to C-Suite level.
Salary and Package on application.
Please send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com