This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- What personal data we collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact details: you might provide us with your name, email address, telephone number (including mobile telephone number) create an account, sign up for newsletters or contact our finance, HR or press teams or request information from us in any other way;
- Information about you when you participate in our studies or market research projects. You can choose to take part in and respond to our surveys and polls which may collect personal data for the purposes of carrying out this research;
- Information about your visit and how you use our website: including URL, clickstream (i.e. information regarding which of our web pages you access and the frequency of such access), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information;
- Technical data: your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research;
- Information about your transactions and experiences with us relating to our services;
- Your marketing preferences;
- Your image (if you choose to upload, share or provide this to us);
- Financial and payment card information.
- Special Categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data are types of data consisting of information relating to:
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- your political opinions;
- your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- your trade union membership;
- your genetic or biometric data;
- your health; and
- your sex life and sexual orientation.
You can choose to provide the above personal data when participating in our studies/surveys and/or market research. This information is subject to special protections under EU law. We will only process your sensitive personal data where we have your explicit consent. If we ask for your explicit consent we will explain the reason for our request. You can refuse to consent or later withdraw your consent at any time.
- How is your data collected
We collect and process personal data about you using various different methods including, when you:
- create an account on our site;
- fill in forms such as signing up for newsletters;
- choose to participate in our services such as surveys or market research;
- communicate with us via social networking websites;
- contact our finance, HR or press teams or request information from us in any other way.
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as when services are provided together with a business partner and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
- Why we collect your data
Information stored and collected about you allows us to improve our services to give you the best possible customer experience. This data may be used:
- to deliver our products and services including to conduct data analytics studies and provide reporting and analysis for our clients;
- for administrative purposes;
- to assess the usage, value and performance of our services;
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested and send you marketing and advertising materials;
- to respond to your queries;
- to process payments and for security and fraud prevention;
- for the purposes of our surveys and/or market research;
- to improve your experience with our website;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- to help us suggest service offerings that may be of interest to you as a Space Doctors client; and
- as otherwise permitted by applicable law or regulation.
- Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with our business partners and service providers where they are helping us to market and advertise our services as well as providing our services to you. For example, we use various third-party services to help operate our services, such as CrowdLab which hosts the platform (third party website/mobile app) on which you participate in our studies and surveys and our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for items.
This information may be processed by us for the purposes described above (“Why we collect your data”), or on our behalf by third parties. Space Doctors will require such service providers to adopt adequate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the processing of personal data only in accordance with our instructions. We will not otherwise share or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We require express opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal data.
- Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal data. Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. You should know that no matter what legal basis applies, you always have the right to request access to, rectification of and deletion of your data under the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
The legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: where you have provided your explicit consent for processing data with special protections (such as your religious views, political views or your health, if you share this information when participating in our surveys and/or market research) or to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. When we process data that you provide to us based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time under the GDPR.
- Necessary for the legitimate business interests of Space Doctors: where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, provide our services and operate effectively, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights. We will also rely on this legal basis to understand how customers use our services and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- Performance of a contract with you: for example, we may rely on this legal basis to provide you with a quote for our services.
- Legal compliance: where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal data in order to comply with that obligation.
- Where we store your personal data
Space Doctors will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data, this includes storing the personal data you provide on our secure servers. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only those employees, contractors and other third parties who are required to assist in carrying out our services.
Transmission of data on the internet can never be completely secure. We do not and cannot guarantee security of information collected electronically or transmitted during your use of our website; however, we take all necessary steps to provide the best security available. Due to our inability to guarantee safety, you are submitting information to us at your own risk. Where needed, a password may be necessary to access certain areas of our site. You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our website confidential.
- Third-party links
For your convenience, this website contains links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site and use a shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in our Cookies Policy here.
- Direct Marketing
Space Doctors will only ever contact you with marketing information where you have expressly consented to opt-in. If you wish to unsubscribe, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or contact email@example.com.
- Your Rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to request access to your personal data, rectification or erasure of personal data along with the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes. To exercise these rights or to prevent such processing please either use the unsubscribe link found in all our marketing correspondence, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting the Regulator
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- Further Information